Studio Policies & Terms
1. The session fee pays for the time and talent of the photographer and for your in- person viewing appointment. It does not include any finished portraits. The session fee is due at the time of your portrait session booking made on line. Session fees are non-refundable, however with 48 hours notice it can be rescheduled in case of an emergency.
2. If you have a sick baby/child on the day of the session please call to reschedule. If you try to keep the appointment – we will most likely request that you reschedule if we notice your baby/child is sick. Sick or uncomfortable baby/children do not like to be photographed and we know that you will not love your portraits nearly as much as if he or she was in good health.
3. Please bring only the individuals to be photographed to the session. This is especially important with children, as Julie will need their full attention on her rather than looking at other members of the family. Of course parents are always welcome.
4. You agree to hold harmless Julie A Davis, her representatives, employees and Julie A Davis Photography from any dispute in the event you become injured during your session or while on the studio premises. Julie A Davis Photography and its representatives will not be held liable for any injury incurred by you or your family, or any damage to your property during the photo session or while on studio premises.
5. You will view your portraits at a personally attended slideshow. You will be asked to order at this time. Please make sure all decision makers are present, as additional ordering appointments incur a £50 fee. Once your order is placed in-person and with a £225 minimum order the ordering process shall begin.
6. All images are purged after 14 days. Unless you have a split payment agreement in place with Julie A Davis Photography. Some may be kept for promotional use.
7. While Julie does capture many images during your session, you will see only those images selected by her, the artist, for previewing. She carefully renders each image to ensure maximum artistry and technical perfection. Images with eyes closed, heads turned, duplicates, etc. will not be shown and are removed from archives permanently after the artist rendering is complete.
8. Due to the custom nature of the work, payment for your order must be placed in full and is subject to a 50% cancellation fee should you change your mind about an order after it is placed. Once an order is sent to the lab, it is deemed non-refundable. Payments may be made by cash, online bank transfer, cheque, Visa, MasterCard or Debit cards can be taken but are subject to a fee and processed by Pay Pal. So you will need to have a Pay Pal account.
9. Please allow 2-3 weeks for your order to be completed. Some orders may take longer. Your portraits are an investment and an heirloom that should not be rushed. You will be notified by telephone or e-mail when your order is ready for collection. If you are unable to collect your order, we can ship to you for an additional charge.
10. The Copyright Act protects photographers by giving us the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs. Violations include, but are not limited to, making illegal copies, scanning, screenshots, screen grabs, printing from home or downloading from our website/ Facebook page. It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs in any manner without our permission and violators of this Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. Please understand, the photographer wishes to maintain complete control over the print quality, finishes and presentation of the images and any reproduction outside of the studio may lower the quality of the image and scar our reputation for providing superior portraits.
I appreciate you taking the time to read through our studio policies.