Portrait Studio Policies As Follows :
- NO CAMERAS/CAMERA PHONES/VIDEOING WITHIN THE STUDIO AT ANY TIME/ OR ON LOCATION SHOOTS
- NO FELLOW AMATEUR/SEMI PROFESSIONAL NEW BORN PHOTOGRAPHERS ARE PERMITTED TO BOOK IN WITH US. THIS ALSO INCLUDES ATTENDING ANY SHOOTS OR APPOINTMENTS.
Please check everything stated below. Must be checked before any session may be completed. You would have received a copy of our studio polices by e-mail when you booked. We will have a copy for you to sign on the day of your shoot.
USAGE OF IMAGES
Julie Davis is an artist & as such requests that the work she creates be allowed into art exhibits, displayed in her studio, print competitions & other places that her work is featured regularly. The work is always showcased in the best possible way & will never compromise or jeopardise the photographer’s hard earned reputation. Confidentiality in advertising is always maintained. (If you wish for your images NOT to be used please state this on the bottom of this form next to your signature.) We always aim maintain our clients wishes.
I agree that I have fully read this portrait contract & agree to comply with all policies & information included. I also agree that the photographer may use any images created during my commissioned session for display, advertisements, exhibits, sale or trade or other use as deemed appropriate by Julie A Davis Photography LTD. To include usage on Face Book, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and her website. I agree these images can be used without any additional compensation to me. If you DO NOT wish your images to go online please state this by your signature at the bottom of this contract.
STUDIO POLICIES & TERMS
- The session fee pays for the time and talent of the photographer and for your in-person viewing appointment. It does not include any finished portraits. The session fee is due at the time of your portrait session booking made on-line. Session fees are non-refundable, however with 24 hours notice it can be rescheduled in case of an emergency or if your baby/child becomes ill. You must inform us by calling or emailing. If a client is more than 30 minutes late for a session without communication the session is cancelled. The session will need to be rebooked and paid for.
- If you have a sick baby/child on the day of the session you must call us to inform us asap and reschedule. If you try to keep the appointment, we will most likely request that you reschedule if we notice your baby/child is sick. Sick or uncomfortable baby/ children do not like to be photographed and we know that you will not love your portraits nearly as much as if he or she was in good health. We must protect ourselves too from catching a sickness due to the nature of our work.PLEASE INFORM US ABOUT ANY ALLERGIES OF ANYONE WHO IS COMING INTO THE STUDIO – THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND YOUR RESPONSABILITY. This relates to our treats in the studio and on location.
- Please bring only the people to be photographed to the session unless discussed previously with Julie. This is especially important with children, as Julie will need their full attention on her rather than looking at other members of the family. Of course parents are always welcome but may be asked to step outside the room at times depending of the child’s behaviour etc. Sometimes children can listen better and not be distracted by parents in the studio shooting area. We cannot be held responsible for an uncooperative baby or child within the studio/on location. We will try our best to control and encourage positivity to the best of our abilities and provide the requested portraits, as long as our preparation information has been fully read and adhered to before the shoot. Failing to read and prepare for a session can lead to an un satisfactory situation and outcome.You agree to hold harmless, Julie A Davis, her representatives, employees and Julie A Davis Photography Ltd, from any dispute in the event you become injured during your location session or while on the studio premises. Julie A Davis Photography & representatives will not be held liable for any injury incurred by you or your family, or any damage or loss of your property during the photo session while on studio premises AND location sessions.
- You will view your portraits at a personally attended viewing session. You will be asked to place your order at this time. Please make sure all decision makers are present, asadditional ordering appointments will incur an additional £50 fee. Once your order is placed in-person the ordering progress shall begin. Payment will be taken at this time. Extra editing requests will incur a £20 an hour fee (if not already edited). If you wish to receive your order by our express service the cost will be an extra £200. This can discussed and arranged at this appointment not afterwards. Products and packages may change at any time without notice.
- All images are purged from our storage systems after 14 days. Unless you have a split payment agreement in place with Julie A Davis Photography.Some selected images may be stored securely for future usage for promotional purposes only either online or in print for our business marketing purposes. Your pictures are presumed to have been received by you in good condition unless you the client notifies us in writing of any discrepancy or error within 14 days of receipt.
- While Julie does capture many images during your session, you will see only those images selected by her, the artist, for previewing. She carefully renders each image to ensure maximum artistry and technical perfection. Images with eyes closed, heads turned, duplicates, etc. will not be shown and are removed from my archives permanently after the artist rendering is complete. Editing of baby/s dry skin/blemishes will take place to a certain extent but cannot be guaranteed to be fully edited out 100% (due to the out come looking very fake on your baby) Julie will edit dry skin and blemishes as well as she can.
- Due to the custom nature of the work, payment for your order must be placed in full and is subject to a 50% cancellation fee should you change your mind about an order after it is placed. Once an order is sent to the lab, it is deemed non- refundable. This happens straight after your ordering session (unless you have a split payment agreement in place). If you do have a split payment agreement in place you cannot change your order at a later date. You must pay your final balance by the date shown in your agreement. There is no cooling off period.Any monies paid will not be refunded at any time. Payments can be made by on-line bank transfer,Visa,(Master Card/American Express) or Debit cards.You will be required to pay a 3% card machine fee.Please bring all of your banking details/cards/ to the ordering session. Payments cannot be made over the phone at any time. Incorrectly supplied items and items of poor quality can be returned and will be replaced at no extra charge to the client. Faulty items should be retuned by hand or by post to 5 Hemming Close. Totton. SO40 9DG. If posting you the client will be responsible for postage costs.Returns will not be considered for incorrectly ordered items or items ordered in error. No return,exchange or refund is available on any item once the image proof has been approved and the order placed.
9. Please allow between 2-4 weeks for your order to be completed. Photo blocks can sometimes take up to 6-8 weeks in busy periods. Some product orders may take longer as they may not be made here in the UK. You will be advised of this when you place your order.Your portraits are an investment and an heirloom that should not be rushed. You will be notified by telephone/text or e-mail when your order is ready for pickup. You will need to come and collect your wall products (clients that live far away can receive their art work or folio box by post but at their cost). On large orders we may be able to deliver your wall products or folio box to your home if you live locally and not too far away. Anything purchased will be posted out by recorded delivery only and this cost will be charged to you the client. Postage conforms to GDP guidelines on your privacy. We cannot be held responsible for damaged items sent out in the post.We do prefer collection in person.
10.Baby Club and Family Club members clients must place an order of at least the minimum sized mounted print from each session undertaken. Payment must be made at this appointment time too.Failing to place an order after a session will forfeit any free gifts or moneys paid and the package will become void. Images within the gifts are duplicates of what you order at that time. They are not extra chosen images from the session. You must complete the club/s by the date given to receive the gift benefit of your final session.
11.The Copyright Act protects photographers by giving us the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs. Violations include, but are not limited to, making illegal copies, scanning, screen grabbing,printing from home or downloading from our instagram/website/twitter/Facebook page. It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs in any manner without our permission and violators of this Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. DO NOT TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR PURCHASED PRINTS OR WALL ART WITH ANY PHONE OR CAMERA. DO NOT SHARE THESE COPIED IMAGES ON SOCIAL MEDIA. THIS IS NOT ONLY COPYING BUT COMPROMISES THE QUALITY OF THE IMAGE. Our digital images are for PERSONAL use only and NOT for commercial or competitions. They must Not to be used for business or any commercial use without the written permission by Julie A Davis Photography LTD. You can of course share your purchased digital images on social media and to print your own photographs and art work.Please understand, the photographer wishes to maintain complete control over the print quality, finishes and presentation of the images and any poor reproduction outside of the studio may lower the quality of the image and scar our reputation for providing superior portraits.
12. At Julie A Davis Photography Ltd safety is my main priority at all times, including the flu season and during this epidemic. Because I work closely with vulnerable clients including newborns, small children and pregnant women, I would like you to know that I am not taking the current Corona Virus outbreak in Southampton lightly. I am sure you have concerns about remaining safe and healthy at this time too.Upon your enquiry/booking I will be sharing with you the current steps I am taking to ensure the studio environment remains safe and clean for your photo session. I will be updating this as required and following the WHO and CDC’s guidelines closely.
If you or your child feel unwell with respiratory or viral symptoms (even mild) before your session, please contact me as soon as possible so we can reschedule to another time. If anyone attending the session appears to have a cough, fever or other symptoms of a virus, the session will be halted and all clients will be asked to leave immediately. If I (or anyone in my household) becomes unwell or comes in contact with anyone exhibiting symptoms, you will be notified immediately and we will reschedule for a better time. I am committed to protecting my clients at all times.
If you have any concerns or would like to chat further about booking a session or attending a photoshoot, please pop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org